SIGDA Student Research Forum at ASP-DAC 2019
The Student Research Forum at the ASP-DAC is renovated from a traditional poster session hosted by ACM SIGDA for Ph.D. students to present and discuss their dissertation research with experts in system design and design automation community. Starting from 2015, the forum includes both Ph.D. and M.S. students, offering great opportunity for the students to establish contacts for their future career. In addition, the forum helps the companies and academic institutes to get an overview of the latest research and discover the extraordinary candidates for their employment. The forum is open to all students of the relevant research community and is free-of-charge. Limited funds are available for travel assistance based on financial needs. It is co-located with ASP-DAC but ASP-DAC registration is not required in order to attend this event.
- Students must be within 1 year (M.S.) or 2 years (Ph.D.) of dissertation completion or have completed their dissertation during the last 12 months.
- Dissertation topic must be relevant to the ASP-DAC community.
- Previous ASP-DAC forum presenters are not eligible.
- Students who have presented previously at the DAC and DATE Ph.D. forums are eligible, but will be less likely to receive travel assistance.
- Only students with at least one published or accepted conference, symposium or journal “full” paper are eligible for awards and travel assistance.
- A two-page PDF abstract of the dissertation (in two-column format, using 10pt. fonts and single-spaced lines), including name, institution, adviser, contact information, estimated (or actual) graduation date, whether the work has been presented at DAC Ph.D. Forum or DATE PhD Forum, as well as figures, and bibliography (if applicable). The two-page limit on the abstract will be strictly enforced: any material beyond the second page will be truncated before sending to the reviewers. Each accepted abstract has to prepare a poster and the student has to physically attend the forum.
- To be considered for awards and travel assistance, a student must explicitly indicate, in the title of the two-page abstract, the venues for which the work was published or accepted, and a list of all papers authored or co-authored by the student should be included in the bibliography of the two-page abstract. The papers must be related to the dissertation topic, and those on topics unrelated to the dissertation abstract will not be considered in the review process. An additional appendix (as the third page) briefly specifies your travel budget and financial aid request, as well as the endorsement from your advisor or department about the fund matching for your travel to SRF.
- Submit this material to the ASP-DAC online submission system at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aspdacsrf2019
Submission Deadline: October 31, 2018
Notification Date: Novemember 21, 2018
Poster Session: January 22, 2019
For questions about Student Research Forum @ ASP-DAC 2019, please send e-mail to Prof. Pi-Cheng Hsiu (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include “ASP-DAC SRF” in the subject line of your email.
Chair:Pi-Cheng Hsiu, Academia Sinica, TaiwanCo-Chair:Hyung Gyu Lee, Daegu University, KoreaWeichen Liu, Nanyang Technological University, SingaporeTechnical Committee:Hiromitsu Awano, The University of Tokyo, JapanWanli Chang, The University of York, UKYuan-Hao Chang, Academia Sinica, TaiwanSudipta Chattopadhyay, Singapore University of Technology and Design, SingaporeXiang Chen, George Mason University, USXianzhang Chen, Chongqing University, ChinaYi-Jung Chen, National Chi Nan University, TaiwanHsiang-Yun Cheng, Academia Sinica, TaiwanDeliang Fan, University of Central Florida, USShao-Yun Fang, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, TaiwanAnn Gordon-Ross, University of Florida, USTsung-Yi Ho, National Tsing Hua University, TaiwanYukihide Kohira, The University of Aizu, JapanChun-Yi Lee, National Tsing Hua University, TaiwanQingan Li, Wuhan University, ChinaSicheng Li, HP Labs, USChun-Han Lin, National Taiwan Normal University, TaiwanChenchen Liu, Clarkson University, USRen-Shuo Liu, National Tsing Hua University, TaiwanJaehyun Park, University of Ulsan, KoreaKeni Qiu, Capital Normal University, ChinaShinobu Nagayama, Hiroshima City University, JapanKenshu Seto, Tokyo City University, JapanMuhammad Shafique, Vienna University of Technology, AustriaLiang Shi, Chongqing University, ChinaDonghwa Shin, Yeungnam University, KoreaYasuhiro Takashima, University of Kitakyushu, JapanMasashi Tawada, Waseda University, JapanChun-Yao Wang, National Tsing Hua University, TaiwanHoeseok Yang, Ajou University, KoreaMing-Chang Yang, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, ChinaYaoyao Ye, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, ChinaBei Yu, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, ChinaASP-DAC liaison:Yukihide Kohira, The University of Aizu, JapanMasashi Tawada, Waseda University, Japan