Sunday, Oct. 30, 2022 08:00 AM – 05:00 PM, Hybrid
Sorrento Ballroom, San Diego Mission Bay Resort, CA
Welcome to CADathlon@ICCAD
CADathlon 2022 will be held hybridly, you will be competing against the bests around the world.
The CADathlon is a challenging, all-day, programming competition focusing on practical problems at the forefront of Computer-Aided Design, and Electronic Design Automation in particular. The contest emphasizes the knowledge of algorithmic techniques for CADapplications, problem-solving and programming skills, as well as teamwork.
As the “Olympic games of EDA,” the contest brings together the best and the brightest of the next generation of CAD professionals. It gives academia and the industry a unique perspective on challenging problems and rising stars, and it also helps attract top graduate students to the EDA field.
The contest is open to two-person teams of undergraduate/graduate students specializing in CAD and currently full-time enrolled in a Ph.D. granting institution in any country. Students are selected based on their academic backgrounds and their relevant EDA programming experiences. Partial or full travel grants are provided to qualifying students. CADathlon competition consists of six problems in the following areas:
- Circuit Design & Analysis
- Physical Design & Design for Manufacturability
- Logic & High-Level Synthesis
- System Design & Analysis
- Functional Verification & Testing
- Future technologies (Bio-EDA, Security, AI, etc.)
More specific information about the problems and relevant research papers will be released on the Internet one week prior to the competition. The writers and judges that construct and review the problems are experts in EDA from both academia and industry. At the contest, students will be given the problem statements and example test data, but they will not have the judges’ test data. Solutions will be judged on correctness and efficiency. Where appropriate, partial credit might be given.
The team that earns the highest score is declared the winner. In addition to handsome trophies, the first place and the second place teams receive cash award, and the contest winners will be announced at the ICCAD conference.
- Cash Prize
- First place award: 1500 per person
- Second place award: 750 per person
- Participation Request (please submit via Google Form)
- Important dates
- October 15: Participation request form due
- October 21: Confirmation of attendance due
- October 23: Release of topic/hardware details
- October 30: Contest date
- Problems and References:
2019’s / 2018’s / 2017’s / 2016’s / 2015’s / 2014’s / 2013’s / 2012’s / archive
- Organization Committee
- Chair: Pei-Yu Billy Lee, MediaTek, Taiwan
- Co-chair: Yu-Guang Chen, National Central University, Taiwan
- Co-chair: Jeff (Jun) Zhang, Arizona State University
- Contact: cadathlon at gmail dot com