Call for Submissions
- Students with at least one published or accepted conference, symposium or journal paper.
- Students within 1-2 years of dissertation completion and students who have completed their dissertation during the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Dissertation topic must be relevant to the DAC community.
- Previous forum presenters are not eligible.
- Students who have presented previously at the DATE and ASP-DAC Ph.D. forums are eligible, but will be less likely to receive travel assistance.
- Abstract Submission: April 15, 2019
- Submission Link: http://www.easychair.org/confe
- Notification Date: April 29, 2019
- Forum Presentation Time: Tue Jun 04, 7–9pm.
- Location: Design Automation Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- A two-page PDF abstract of the dissertation (in two-column format, using 10-11 pt. fonts and single-spaced lines), including name, institution, advisor, contact information, estimated (or actual) graduation date, whether the work has been presented at ASP-DAC Ph.D. Forum or DATE Ph.D. Forum, as well as figures, and bibliography (if applicable). The two-page limit on the abstract will be strictly enforced: any material beyond the second page will be truncated before sending to the reviewers. Please include a description of the supporting paper, including the publication forum. A list of all papers authored or co-authored by the student, related to the dissertation topic and included in the two-page abstract, will strengthen the submission.
- A published (or accepted) paper, in support of the submitted dissertation abstract. The paper must be related to the dissertation topic and the publication forum must have a valid ISBN number. It will be helpful, but is not required, to include your name and the publication forum on the first page of the paper. Papers on topics unrelated to the dissertation abstract or not yet accepted will not be considered during the review process.
- The abstract is the key part of your submission. Write the abstract for someone familiar with your technical area, but entirely unfamiliar with your work. Clearly indicate the motivation of your Ph.D. dissertation topic, the uniqueness of your approach, as well as the potential impact your approach may have on the topic.
- In the beginning of the abstract, please indicate to which track your submission belongs to.
- Proper spelling, grammar, and coherent organization are critical: remember that the two pages may be the only information about yourself and your PhD research available to the reviewers.
- All submissions must be made electronically.
- Please include the supporting paper with the abstract in one PDF file and submit the single file. There are many free utilities available online which can merge multiple PDF files into a single file if necessary.
Topics of Interest
- System-level Design, Synthesis and Optimization (including network-on-chip, system-on-chip and multi/many-core, HW/SW co-design, embedded software issues, modeling and simulation)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Autonomous Systems
- High Level Synthesis, Logic Level Synthesis
- Power and Reliability Analysis and Optimization (including power management from system level to circuit level, thermal management, process variability management)
- Timing Analysis, Circuit and Interconnect Simulation
- Physical Design and Manufacturability
- Signal Integrity and Design Reliability
- Verification, Testing, Pre- and Post-Silicon Validation, Failure Analysis
- Reconfigurable and Adaptive Systems
- Analog/Mixed Signals and RF
- Hardware Security
- Machine learning/AI
- Emerging Design, Technologies, and Computing Methods (carbon nanotubes, molecular electronics, MEMS, microfluidic system, biologically-inspired systems, quantum computing, etc.)
For questions not addressed on this page, please send e-mail to Dr. Hai Li:(firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Ogras (email@example.com). Please include “DAC Ph.D Forum” in the subject line of your email.
Hai Li, Duke University (Chair)
Umit Ogras, Arizona State University
Rasit Topaloglu, IBM
Yiyu Shi, University of Notre Dame (SIGDA Representative)